Welcome to the City of Cedar Park benefits information page. To provide the best quality of life for its employees, the City provides a number of opportunities for all regular full-time employees to participate in group medical, dental, life insurance and long-term disability programs. Retirement options are provided by the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS). Other programs such as paid vacation time, deferred compensation and educational assistance are also offered.
Employee coverage on PPO low plan is provided by the City; PPO High plan available for an additional premium. Dependent coverage also available. Provider Aetna
Employee coverage is provided by the City, Dependent coverage available. Provider The Standard
Employee coverage provided by the City, equivalent to two times the employee’s salary for life insurance and an additional two times the employee’s salary for AD&D. Supplemental voluntary employee coverage and dependent coverage also available. Provider Minnesota Life
Long Term Disability Insurance:
Employee coverage provided by the City. Provider Madison National Life
Employee Assistance Plan:
Guidance and confidential counseling for employees and dependents. Provider Alliance Work Partners
7% of employee paycheck contributed and City matches at 2:1 ratio upon retirement. Vesting at 5 years. Managed by the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS).
Voluntary Supplemental Insurance products (Accident, Cancer, Critical Illness, Vision) are available.
Voluntary Deferred Compensation:
Section 457, supplemental retirement program.
Pre-tax payroll deduction plan available for health, dental and vision premiums for employees and/or dependent health coverage. Deductions are taken from the first two pay periods of the month.
Up to $400 per class or up to $1200 per year for tuition reimbursement program for accredited institutes of higher education.
- 10 hours per month for 0-10 years
- 12 hours per month for 11-20 years
- 14 hours per month for 20 or more years
City of Cedar Park Holidays:
- Accrues at 10 hours per month
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Third Monday in January)
- President’s Day (Third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Veteran’s Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving Day (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Day After Thanksgiving (Fourth Friday in November)
- Christmas Eve (December 24)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- Employee Personal Holiday