K.C. Crow, C.B.O.
450 Cypress Creek Road, Building 2
Cedar Park, TX 78613
Building Inspections Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
APPLICATIONS & FORMS
Apply & Pay for permits, MasterCard/Visa/ACH options available, Schedule (inspection requests that are received after 4:00 PM will be scheduled but not guaranteed to be performed the following day) , or Search for permits - ALL ONLINE by clicking on the Customer Portal link above.
MyPermitNow Customer Portal Handout
Contact MyPermitNow directly at 1-866-95-PERMIT
for any questions or problems with the Customer Portal.
Currently Adopted Codes - Effective October 1, 2012:
- 2011 National Electric Code with local amendment
- 2012 International Fire Code with local amendments
- 2012 International Codes:
- International Building Code
- International Residential Building Code
- International Plumbing, Mechanical and Gas Codes
- 2012 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2012 International Existing Building Code (as applicable)
View International Building Codes Online, please click here.
Are Permits Required? - IN MANY CASES, YES!
Whenever you are going to start a project, please contact the Building Inspection Department at 512-401-5100 or via e-mail at email@example.com to verify if permits are required. This will not only help in your decision making process, but also may save time and money by avoiding potential non-compliance with various City Codes and Ordinances.
Some projects that require permits that you may not be aware of include but are not limited to:
- Decks/Patio Covers/Arbors
- Accessory Structures (.i.e. garages, storage structures, carports, etc.)
- Remodels, Additions
- Swimming Pools, Spas
- Water Heaters, Water Softeners
- HVAC Change Outs
- Any Structural Changes
Cosmetic projects that do not require permits include:
- House Painting
- Roof Covering (non-structural)
Please take a few minutes of your time to contact our staff. We are happy to assist you in any way possible to make your project be in compliance with applicable codes.