What do I need to do to start water service?
The City of Cedar Park requires a signed application with state issued photo identification and a $100 refundable deposit. The deposit can be lowered to $50 if an acceptable letter of credit from another utility, such as gas, water or electric, in which there was 12 consecutive months in your name, is received.

How do I stop service?
Either submit a signed disconnect form or a letter stating where and when services are no longer needed. You must also provide a forwarding address.

How much notice do I need to give before starting/stopping services?
The City of Cedar Park requires a minimum of 24 hours notice. Please give ample notice for holiday and weekends, as our days of operation are Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm, excluding holidays.

Who do I contact for garbage services?
Residents that live within the City limits and Twin Creeks are serviced by Cedar Park Disposal and billed through your utility bill. The City will contact Cedar Park Disposal for starting and stopping any services. If your residence is outside the City’s limits, you can contact anyone of the following providers:


Cedar Park Disposal 512-401-5678
IESI 512-282-3508
Longhorn Disposal 512-272-4341
BFI 512-247-5647
Al Clawson 512-259-1709


Who do I call if my garbage was not collected?
Contact your garbage provider. Numbers are listed above.

How is my sewer calculated?
Sewer rate is based on a 3-month consumption period. Once a year the City re-averages the winter months of December, January, and February to calculate the sewer charge for the year for a residence. Any resident can request in writing, once a year, to have their sewer re-averaged using 3 different consecutive months within the current year.

What do I do if I have a leak?
Detecting a water leak [PDF]
If there is a leak on your property, please call a professional plumber to locate and correct the problem. If the leak was under the ground, behind the wall, or under a slab you may be eligible for a leak credit. You must submit in writing where you had the leak and copy of the plumber’s invoice within 6 months of the repair date.

If you notice a leak that is not on your property, please call the Service Center at 512-401-5550.

When is my deposit refunded?
Once a final bill is produced, the deposit is automatically applied to any balance on the account. Any balance left will be forwarded to the new address. Please allow 2-4 weeks for refund checks.

How can I pay my bill?
Payment can be mailed directly to the Utility Billing Department at the following address:

City of Cedar Park
450 Cypress Creek Road, Building 2
Cedar Park, TX 78613

Payments may be made online by clicking here.

Payments are accepted directly at the offices. We also have an automatic payment kiosk, located in the parking lot across from Buildings 2 and 3 at City Hall Campus, 450 Cypress Creek Road, where payments may be made at any time. You can also leave payments in the overnight drop box located right next to the automatic payment kiosk across the parking lot from Buildings 2 and 3 at City Hall Campus at 450 Cypress Creek Road. Payments left after hours are posted the next business day.

MasterCard and Visa payments can be made in person, at the payment kiosk, over the phone, or filled out on the remittance stub and mailed back to our offices.

Direct draft from a checking or savings account is available. An authorization form must be completed and returned with a voided check or deposit slip depending on which account is drafted. The form can be obtained at the City Hall office or on the website by clicking here.

How is my rate calculated?
Your water rate is calculated according to a tiered structure based on your water usage.  Your bill also includes wastewater and trash pickup, and depending on where you live, could include fees such as Utility Debt Service and Fire Protection. Click here to visit our rates page for a detailed explanation and example.  

Last updated: 7/29/2016 9:16:42 AM