SPECIAL NOISE EXCEPTION APPLICATION
In October 2015, the Council revised the City's Noise Ordinance. The new regulations restrict noise levels during daytime hours (7 a.m. to 10 p.m.) to 85 decibel levels and 70 decibel levels at night (10 p.m. to 7 a.m.). A person may seek an exception by completing the Special Noise Exception Application and paying the applicable fee.
The application process requires approval from the City Council so we ask that applications be completed and submitted to the Cedar Park Police Department (911 Quest Parkway) more than 60 days in advance.
Exceptions will not be approved if:
- the noise level constitutes a danger to the public
- it would impose an unreasonable hardship on the applicant or the public without greater benefit to the public
- if the applicant has not fully complied with the application procedure
When applying we encourage you to consider:
- whether the request is a reasonable use of the property
- the value the activity offers the community
- the ability of the applicant to apply best practices noise mitigation efforts
- the proximity to residences and businesses
No exception shall be approved for operation of sound equipment at night time from a motor vehicle.