Cedar Park is situated in both Williamson and Travis Counties. Outdoor burning without a permit is prohibited in Cedar Park. To contact the Fire Marshal's Office for permit information click here.
Burn Ban Information
For Williamson County Burn Ban information, click here.
For Travis County Burn Ban information, click here.
Fireworks are always illegal!
Fireworks are always illegal within the entire fire service area of the City of Cedar Park, including the City's ETJ (extra territorial jurisdiction), and areas within 5,000 feet (just under a mile) of the City limits. The fine for possessing, using, and disposing of illegal fireworks can be up to $2,000 plus court costs.
Safe grilling tips:
When grilling or barbequing outdoors, the City asks that you please follow these safe outdoor cooking tips:
- Grill in an area where grass and vegetation is manicured and not “brushy.” If possible, move your grill to a concrete area instead of a grassy area.
- Be sure that your grill is in a well-ventilated area and not indoors, under an awning or patio cover, or inside a garage.
- If you use lighter fluid, use it sparingly and never on a fire that has already started to burn, and never use gasoline. The use of a chimney starter is recommended for both safety and taste.
- If you use a gas grill, handle tanks of compressed flammable gases with caution and follow the precautions listed on the tank. Be sure all hoses are not leaking and valves are in good working order.
- Be sure your grill is set where it won’t tip over or be knocked over. Keep away from overhanging trees, awnings and roofs.
- Don’t use ordinary kitchen utensils for the barbeque. You will need longer handles on outdoor equipment to keep your hands safely away from the grill.
- Keep children away from the grill and never leave the grill unattended.