The City of Cedar Park Geographic Information Systems (GIS), a division of the Department of Development Services, is an internal activity that supports city departments in the creation, storage, and analysis of a substantial amount of data and information that is used in critical decision making. The GIS division compiles information from various sources including plans, ordinances, and field research into a centralized database for easy access.
The GIS Division provides analytical services to leverage the collected information and create mapping products and applications that directly support long range city planning, asset management, spatial and demographic analysis, project planning, and institutional support.
Open Data Services
- Distribute geospatial and non-geospatial datasets to departments and public, through internal database systems
- Acquire commercial datasets for internal use:
- Pictometry Imagery and LiDAR
- Development of 3D building model
- Demographic Data
- Business Data
- Acquire and facilitate access of departmental datasets for internal and external use, including key basemap datasets such as the City’s parcel fabric and street centerline network.
Infrastructure platform for GIS services
- Maintain interoperable RDBMS-based GIS/SQL database system
- Provide ArcGIS Server services to departments
- Currently under development
Maintenance of Licensing Agreements/Inter-local Agreements with:
GIS technical expertise and support to departments
- Technical support for field data collection efforts
- Conduct departmental GIS needs assessments
- Creation of ad-hoc GIS mapping products and solutions
GIS Technical Educational opportunities for City employees
- Quarterly GIS User Group Meetings and newsletter for demonstrations and exchange of ideas.
- Access to free ESRI online GIS courses for city staff.
Geographic Information Systems Division
Cedar Park City Hall
450 Cypress Creek Road, Building 1
Cedar Park, TX 78613
(512) 258-6083 Fax